For most Mississauga residents, having a tree in the compound is the easiest and most ideal way to bring nature close to you. The benefits of planting trees within the compound are many; they provide fresh air, shade, and beauty to a home. However, trees can also pose great danger to residents and property if they are not trimmed occasionally. Just like a human being, a tree needs to be groomed throughout its lifetime to enjoy its benefits. That’s why tree pruning is important.
What is Pruning?
Pruning is a technique that involves removing unwanted limbs and branches to improve the health and aesthetics of a tree. This is a continuous process that should be carried out throughout the tree’s lifetime. The pruning process usually involves removing all dead, diseased and broken branches. This is meant to mitigate the load on branches to give it the right shape and conditions for growth. It also helps eliminate dangerous branches that intersect with power lines.
Why Tree Pruning is Important in Mississauga
There are many reasons why you should prune the tree in your compound regularly. Some of these include:
- Improves the appearance of the tree – There’s a reason why you visit the salon or barbershop once in a while. Your tree needs some trimming, just like your hair does. That’s why you should regularly trim your trees to eliminate the unbalanced look that unwanted branches and limbs create.
- Improves the tree’s health – Trees need food to grow stronger just like we do. If you want your tree to grow taller and healthy, you need to remove the unwanted branches. This is because the extra branches consume the food that is supposed to feed the important parts of the tree. Pruning also ensures the diseased and infested branches don’t affect the health of your tree.
- Improves your landscape’s aesthetics – Trees are a great addition to a home’s compound. If you want the tree to achieve its purpose of adding beauty to your home, you need to keep it tidy by doing some regular pruning. Leaving a thicket of branches can prevent rain and sunlight from reaching the flowers, grass or any vegetation in your compound.
- It improves safety – The last thing you want is a dead branch falling on your house or even your children when they are playing outside. Dead wood poses a great danger to the residents because it can fall any time. Ensure you eliminate dead and infested branches regularly because they can be a disaster especially during strong winds or storms.
- Boosts the value of a home – Having a properly pruned tree in your compound adds great value to your home. If you are preparing your home for an appraisal, trimming your trees will boost its value significantly. Trees give a great first impression of a home, hence increasing your chances of getting a better deal.
The Bottom Line
Regular tree pruning is beneficial to you and your property. If you don’t have the skills to do it, contact your local tree experts in Mississauga, Ontario.